With Christmas day fast approaching and bank account funds dwindling fast, you may be asking yourself what can I possibly get at the last-minute, what can I get for £5/£50 or perhaps £500, if you are one of the lucky few who actually has some money to spare at this time of year. Well I have the perfect gift for everyone from your Dad to your Boss, from your Sister to your Aunt. What’s that? I hear you say. Well a DIY hamper of course. If you want to find out how me and Al put together this traditional hamper above, then keep on reading for some top tips and recommendations.
- Something to put your goodies in – Now this could be an old cardboard box wrapped with some festive paper or a basket from Hobbycraft
- Lining – This can be tissue paper or even newspaper – it all depends on your budget – Paperchase or Card Factory are great for this
- Decorations – Poundland is great for tinsel or perhaps you might want to decorate with some ribbon
- The goods – the great thing about this is it can be adapted according to the recipient, your budget and the occasion – Garden centres and Christmas markets are brilliant for this
Now me and Al decided to do a combination of a food/home hamper that incorporated a mixture of goodies from our local garden centre, a Yankee Candle, some alcoholic beverages and a few sweet treats. Of course you are not limited to just food and drink, you could also do some of the following:
- A beauty hamper: Lush, Nail polish, Socks, magazines, vouchers, candles.
- Children: sweets, PJ’s, Dvd, a toy, Magazine, activity voucher.
- Ale/Wine hamper: a selection of their favourite tipple.
- Movie Night hamper: Dvd’s, popcorn, nuts, fizzy drinks, chocolates, sweets, Christmas decoration.
- Coffee lover: a mug, coffee, coffee shop voucher.
- Afternoon tea: scones, jams or preserves, cakes, tea, a teapot or cups.
- Sports: football shirt, tennis balls, sports drinks, vitamins, tickets for latest sporting event.
- Man: Favourite drink, snack, magazine, socks, dvd, games voucher, lottery ticket, cufflinks, aftershave.
- Other: You can be as creative as you like and have a lot of fun putting your own personal stamp on this gift idea.
Hopefully this post has provided some last-minute inspiration for Christmas, but don’t forget you can also use this idea for Birthday’s, Weddings and whatever occasion you fancy. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.