So you have finally found that perfect venue for your big day and have booked your first venue visit. Exciting times are ahead, but before you go slipping into your dreamy ‘Pininterest’ inspired world of Weddings.
It is important to remember that the venue will ultimately set the tone for the whole of your day. What’s more venues do take up a large chunk of your final budget. With this in mind, it is important to make a note of your basic requirements and questions, so you can take these with you when you go to visit your potential venue.
Here is a list of questions that both myself and Al decided to ask our venue:
- Is our date available?
- Is Wi-Fi available for guests?
- Is VAT included in the final price?
- Do you offer a payment plan?
- Are Fireworks permitted?
- Can we leave cars overnight on the premises?
- When can suppliers have access to the site?
- Can our marquee company have access to carry out a risk assessment prior to the event?
- When can we set up?
- When do we need to pack up and leave?
- What is the finish time?
- Do you have any sound restrictions in place?
- Do you charge corkage?
- Can we use external suppliers/Caterers?
- Do we need a generator for our marquee?
- What is the typical setup?
- Do you provide tables/chairs?
- What’s included in the final price?
- What is the cost for a civil ceremony?
- Can we decorate the venue?
- Are candles permitted inside the barn?
- Is confetti permitted?
- Are pets permitted?
- Are high heel shoes permitted inside the barn?
- Can we bring our parents to view the venue at a later stage?
Remember to check out their website prior to your visit, as many venues tend to answer some of the basic questions regarding exclusive use, venue capacity, basic facilities, costs and may even provide a basic guide on the venue prior to your visit.
Have you found this post helpful? Make sure you check back next week for an exciting post on a new and upcoming wedding supplier.