If there is one thing that I love about the build up to Christmas, then it is buying the perfect gift for my closest family and friends. However, when it comes to my Dad, Fiancé and future Brother-in-law then I really struggle to buy them something that isn’t the same as last year. Is it just me or are us ladies so much easier to buy for? Factor in the fact that Christmas can be an expensive time, I decided to try and come up with some creative and cost effective gift ideas for him all under £30.
- His favourite sweets or savoury snacks – Beef jerky, ginger, marzipan fruits, Percy pigs
- Scratchcards or Lottery tickets – ‘Poundland’ is great for scratchcards
- Socks – Primark have some cute novelty sets for £5
- Something relevant to his hobbies – a bike repair kit, personalised football merchandise from his local club or a cookbook
- Books or bookmarks for the avid reader
- Cool and quirky stationery from ‘Paperchase’ for the stationary lover.
- His favourite grooming products – travel size or ‘ Poundland’ again
- Something to keep him warm – Primark do a great selection of hats, scarfs and gloves
- Something useful – A can of wd40, spare lightbulbs for his car, a new tool, cufflinks or collar stiffeners for his shirts
- Gift cards to his favourite restaurants, game shops or fashion retailers
- A cheap dvd for less than £5 – ‘Tesco’ is great for these.
- A cute Christmas tree decoration.
- His favourite alcoholic/drink such as ale, disarrano – limit to £3 and consider mini versions
- Finish off with some gold coins, a satsuma and some quality street at the bottom or whatever you fancy.
Gifts for under £30
Fancy a night at the movies but on a tight budget? Then why not buy one of these cute popcorn holders and buy his favourite DVDs and confectionary. You can even finish it off with some home-made tickets for that authentic touch. Appropriate cost = £21
Other gift ideas include:
- Create an album and put together your favourite memories for him to look back on – Boots are currently selling half price photo albums and scrapbooks.
- A gift card towards something expensive that he wants. For example, a ‘Halfords’ voucher if he wants to buy a bike or a ‘Maplin’ voucher if he is into technology.
- His favourite aftershave.
- Tickets for a day out – Obstacle course, a ‘National Trust’ site or a brewery tour.
- A £30 voucher to his favourite fashion retailer.
- A cute biscuit from these guys
- Some special chocolates from Hotel Chocolate
- A game for his game console – Keep an eye out for sales.
- Gagets for his game console – X-box remote for £12 in Tesco’s
- A magazine subscription for a year
- Try Boots for great 3 for 2 deals.
- A selection of the latest DVDs or perhaps a box set.
These pick n mix tubs are perfect for the gentleman with a sweet tooth.
I would love to know what you are all buying that special man in your life either for his main pressie or stocking fillers. Who else is excited for the weekend?