With a heatwave just around the corner, chances are you are already planning a few trips down to your local beach or perhaps escaping for a little staycation. But have you thought about caring for your car and tyres?
Whilst many of us are already aware of what precautions we need to take when temperatures plummet during the winter, it is easy to take your car for granted. I have had my car for just over three years now and despite passing its MOT with flying colours, I have still yet to actually get round to do a full service on it. As for my tyres I probably should check their pressures and tread. If you are like me then, here are a couple of things we can all do to ensure that we stay safe on the roads and can get back to focusing on those BBQ’s or trips out.
- Ensure your tyres have sufficient tread, no cuts or bulges. For brand new car tyres that are in perfect condition you can get online from DAT Tyres here
- Check the pressures against the manufactures recommendation on a regular basis before a long journey and when the tyres are cool.
- Check that your car has good quality tyres that meet the driving requirements.
- Carry plenty of water both for you and your car in case it overheats.
- Wear a hat and sunscreen if you drive a convertible.
With the wedding approaching, both Al and I are penny pinching, but if there is one thing that is worth investing in then it is some decent tyres. Not only do they reduce your fuel consumption, helping you to save more money in the long run, but they could also save your life!
Do you have any trips planned over the next few weeks? Let me know in the comments below.
Disclaimer: This post is collaborated by DAT Tyres