- Check out DIY stores for wallpaper samples that can be used for your
- Use white bed sheets, marble notepads or a wooden kitchen work surface to help minimise background noise.
- Shoot in natural light or download the
- Pick a theme – Easter, Pastels, Mothering Sunday, Flowers or Pancake day.
- Have a box full of faux flowers, ribbon, faux petals, rose gold paperclips, cute postcards or perhaps some colourful confetti.
- Use party rings, mini eggs or cupcakes for your pastel themed posts.
- PicLab is great for Spring themed quotes.
- Repix can add pretty flares over the top of your image.
- Use spring blooms such as tulips, daffodil’s, bluebells or roses
- Remember to leave space between your props to avoid a chaotic look.
- Shoot from a
- If using an iPhone then use the Square setting.
- Add texture – pastel faux fur throws, floral scarfs or straw.
- Seek inspiration from your favourite bloggers.
- Seek inspiration from Pinterest.
- Read blog posts on how to create a beautiful
- If sharing a spring recipe consider including wooden chopping boards, a cookbook, various ingredients and the finished product against a marble work surface.
- Decide what your main product is going to be and place it in the centre or slightly to one side.
- Practice makes perfect.
- Include spring themed hashtags #springflatlays #
- If featuring coffee include your hands to create a
sensereality for the viewer.
- Include fresh fruit, herbs, candles or coffee.
- Shoot outdoors if the weather permits.
bluetack to hold down props.
- If featuring a lipstick, include a magazine, flowers that match the same colour palette or books.
- Shoot food such as stacked pancakes from an angle.
- Include a spring screenshot or a pastel phone case if including your phone.
- Shoot from different angles and play around with positioning or backgrounds.
- Be original.
- Check out some of my favourite
flatlayaccounts – KatieKirkLoves, Sashatortuya, Wanderlustruby, thingsiloveandmycatand lotta_hagen.
This post turned out to be a lot harder than I was expecting, which is why there are some general flatlay tips as well. I hope you have still found this useful. Unfortunately, today’s weather was awful and so the images that I shot have come out a lot darker than I hoped. If you can afford to then, I would also recommend investing in some camera lights as well.
Hope you all have a great week.