When the film Confessions of a Shopaholic was released in 2009 little did I know that I too would become obsessed with shopping. Luckily, my addiction to buying nice things hasn’t resulted in any severe consequences like many young women. However with our wedding fast approaching the reality has begun to set in.
So I thought I would set myself a challenge for the next 30 days to help me curb my impulse spending habits and hopefully encourage me to save! I will be keeping a diary from the 1st June which I am considering sharing with you, if you are interested.
- I will limit myself to one treat per month😩
- I will budget for events such as Birthday’s🎉
- I will switch to pack lunches oppose to daily meal deals from ‘Boots’ or Subway 🥗🌯sandwiches.
- I will stop ordering Papa John pizzas 🍕
- I will avoid the high street on my lunch break – This is a tough one as I work in retail.🛍
- I will create new looks with my current wardrobe.💃
- I will sell items if I wish to make a purchase👀
- No Bridal or Fashion Magazines👰💍
- I will put £10 in our Honeymoon Fund at least once a month.😊
- I will put a portion of my wages into my savings💰
- Continue to pay off credit card on time.💳
- I will ask myself do I really need it or can it wait?😂
- I will pay for things with cash and avoid using my card for contactless payments🙊
Some other useful tips from my lovely Twitter followers include:
- Meal prep your lunches at the weekend (or when you are free) instead of buying lunches when you’re at work everyday @RetroSnowflake🍱
- Write down everything that you spend from day-to-day for a week – when you look back you’ll be able to see areas where you can cut down @pollymaisie 😵
Are you a shopaholic or a savvy saver? Do you have any tips I could try?