When the film Confessions of a Shopaholic was released in 2009 little did I know that I too would become obsessed with shopping. Luckily, my addiction to buying nice things hasn’t resulted in any severe consequences like many young women. However with our wedding fast approaching the reality has begun to set in.
So I thought I would set myself a challenge for the next 30 days to help me curb my impulse spending habits and hopefully encourage me to save! I will be keeping a diary from the 1st June which I am considering sharing with you, if you are interested.
- I will limit myself to one treat per month😩
- I will budget for events such as Birthday’s🎉
- I will switch to pack lunches oppose to daily meal deals from ‘Boots’ or Subway 🥗🌯sandwiches.
- I will stop ordering Papa John pizzas 🍕
- I will avoid the high street on my lunch break – This is a tough one as I work in retail.🛍
- I will create new looks with my current wardrobe.💃
- I will sell items if I wish to make a purchase👀
- No Bridal or Fashion Magazines👰💍
- I will put £10 in our Honeymoon Fund at least once a month.😊
- I will put a portion of my wages into my savings💰
- Continue to pay off credit card on time.💳
- I will ask myself do I really need it or can it wait?😂
- I will pay for things with cash and avoid using my card for contactless payments🙊
Some other useful tips from my lovely Twitter followers include:
- Meal prep your lunches at the weekend (or when you are free) instead of buying lunches when you’re at work everyday @RetroSnowflake🍱
- Write down everything that you spend from day-to-day for a week – when you look back you’ll be able to see areas where you can cut down @pollymaisie 😵
Are you a shopaholic or a savvy saver? Do you have any tips I could try?
Christmas Jumper Day.
After spending the day working in the crazy world of retail last Friday, I was whisked down to Brighton by my very own prince charming where I was greeted with the beautiful sights of stunning Christmas lights in the streets, cosy pub fireplaces and a glass of Prosecco. First we met with some family in a nearby pub and caught up and then we checked into a quaint little cottage that went by the name of Bright Helm Not only did this place provide the perfect base for our mini festive break complete with its very own Christmas tree, but its prime location also placed us within walking distance of The Coal Shed restaurant were the food was absolutely sublimed and delivered both in substance and presentation.
A wonderful mini break.
Iced banana parfait – pecans, malt, dulce de leche
Just one Prosecco, give it to me.
The beautiful tree at ‘Bright Helm’.
Sadly, my break was cut short due to other commitments. However, that being said it really was the perfect way to recharge my batteries just in time for the build up to Christmas and I am grateful for the precious time that I got to spend with Al and his family.
What did you get up to last weekend?
With the party season well and truly upon us, I thought it would be fun to explore my local high street, where I discovered some gorgeous sparkly pieces. If you want to find out exactly what Accessorize, Oasis and Primark have to offer in the accessories department, then keep on reading! I promise whatever your budget, I have something for everyone, with prices starting from as little as £2! If you want to buy the product, then just click on the image and it will take you straight to the relevant site – Happy Shopping!
Sooo many gorgeous pieces in Accessorize.
Hat and gloves £14 each.
Heaven in Oasis
Faux Fur Booties
I am obsessed with this clutch!
I just love shop windows this time of year.
I hope you have enjoyed this post and if you are going to a party, then have a lovely time.
I hope you are all enjoying the first few days of October. Who else is excited for Autumn, Christmas and 2017? I can’t wait to get into the wedding planning a bit more with Al. So today I am doing a little tag, thanks to the beautiful Laura who nominated me.
So the purpose of this tag is to share 7 facts about me, so you can all get to know the person behind the blog a little better. After doing a previous post, I am struggling to come up with a few more facts, but here it goes:
- I got engaged in Venice under the rialto on a gondola on March 1st 2016. The whole trip was a huge surprise and you can read more here
- I started blogging as a way of relaxing and a hobby back in June 2016. You can read my first ever post here and I also started a YouTube channel called La Blonde Voyage Emma a month ago and I really love it.
- I met the Queen back in 2007 in my Art A-Level class.
- When I was younger I was obsessed with Polly Pocket, Barbie, ET and Barney the dinosaur. When I was five I got upset in Florida after going on the ET bike ride at Disney, as I thought ET was left on his own. This resulted in my parents purchasing an ET Toy and I thought it was the real ET, so I decided to adopt him.
- I have a Westie called Toby who is my little polar bear and ball of mischief.
- I Love afternoon tea, cake and anything with cake on it. I have just ordered a gorgeous new phone case with biscuits on. I guess you could say I have a sweet tooth.
- I have a 2:1 BA (HONS) in Business Studies.
If you would like to take part in this fun tag, then here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share the link to their blog.
- Reveal 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10-15 other bloggers.
You wonderful people are up next:
Lauren from itslittlelauren
katie from kalanchoe
Katy from littlemisskaty
Bethany from polishedcouture
Jessica from intheshadeivory
Charlie from charliefriendofficial
Shayne from thefoodager
Charlie from themodishmale
kristy from misskristyanne
Hannah from hannahgale
Rihanna from Robowecop
Sherry from sherryscribbles
Sam from Samslifeadventures
Beth from bethnorton
I hope you have enjoyed finding out a little bit more about me. I can’t wait to read your tags and learn a bit more about all of you. Make sure you don’t miss my next post, as I will be doing a giveaway and a runner up prize from Lush.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.