Wow! Can you believe it is the 1st November already? I feel like someone has definitely press the fast forward button on 2017. So this year I have decided to do something a little different for my Christmas gift guide and will be sharing one gift idea everyday in the lead up to December 1st. That is 30 gift ideas that will have you covered from beauty, fashion, technology, stationary to unique experiences. So, don’t miss this evening’s post at 6pm to find out what is behind my first door. Ahh.. I do love advent calendar’s, especially one’s that contain chocolate in them. You are never to old for chocolate right? I mean I may be 28 but it’s chocolate!
In the meantime if you would like some inspiration, then why not check out last year’s gift guides?
Stocking Fillers For Her
I also have a very exciting giveaway coming up, to help get you in the festive mood. How is everyone’s shopping going so far?
A traditional food hamper.
With Christmas day fast approaching and bank account funds dwindling fast, you may be asking yourself what can I possibly get at the last-minute, what can I get for £5/£50 or perhaps £500, if you are one of the lucky few who actually has some money to spare at this time of year. Well I have the perfect gift for everyone from your Dad to your Boss, from your Sister to your Aunt. What’s that? I hear you say. Well a DIY hamper of course. If you want to find out how me and Al put together this traditional hamper above, then keep on reading for some top tips and recommendations.
- Something to put your goodies in – Now this could be an old cardboard box wrapped with some festive paper or a basket from Hobbycraft
- Lining – This can be tissue paper or even newspaper – it all depends on your budget – Paperchase or Card Factory are great for this
- Decorations – Poundland is great for tinsel or perhaps you might want to decorate with some ribbon
- The goods – the great thing about this is it can be adapted according to the recipient, your budget and the occasion – Garden centres and Christmas markets are brilliant for this
Now me and Al decided to do a combination of a food/home hamper that incorporated a mixture of goodies from our local garden centre, a Yankee Candle, some alcoholic beverages and a few sweet treats. Of course you are not limited to just food and drink, you could also do some of the following:
- A beauty hamper: Lush, Nail polish, Socks, magazines, vouchers, candles.
- Children: sweets, PJ’s, Dvd, a toy, Magazine, activity voucher.
- Ale/Wine hamper: a selection of their favourite tipple.
- Movie Night hamper: Dvd’s, popcorn, nuts, fizzy drinks, chocolates, sweets, Christmas decoration.
- Coffee lover: a mug, coffee, coffee shop voucher.
- Afternoon tea: scones, jams or preserves, cakes, tea, a teapot or cups.
- Sports: football shirt, tennis balls, sports drinks, vitamins, tickets for latest sporting event.
- Man: Favourite drink, snack, magazine, socks, dvd, games voucher, lottery ticket, cufflinks, aftershave.
- Other: You can be as creative as you like and have a lot of fun putting your own personal stamp on this gift idea.
Who said personalised gifts had to be boring?
Hopefully this post has provided some last-minute inspiration for Christmas, but don’t forget you can also use this idea for Birthday’s, Weddings and whatever occasion you fancy. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.